POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : A question of pure mathematics : Re: A question of pure mathematics Server Time
11 Oct 2024 11:12:58 EDT (-0400)
  Re: A question of pure mathematics
From: Kevin Wampler
Date: 20 Nov 2007 15:47:36
Message: <474347E8.9080302@u.washington.edu>
Orchid XP v7 wrote:

> Sure. For example, you might have a partial function that isn't defined
> at certain points.

Even if you restrict yourself to functions which are defined everywhere
and are periodic with some given period the argument still applies.  For
example, consider a really nasty function, like one which has a value of
one at all rational points and zero everywhere else.

> None of this really interests me that much, because in the specific
> instance I'm looking at [processing digital audio and video] there
> aren't any such functions to worry about.

Agreed.  I hope that you find some interesting things with the audio and
video processing stuff!  Is your goal to find some techniques which
improve on current methods or to fiddle around with some of the current
methods and understand them on a deeper level?