15 Oct 2024 20:19:58 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Getting Kenned Ham, without paying.
From: Charles C
Date: 20 Nov 2007 02:12:13
Message: <474288cd@news.povray.org>
Tim Cook wrote:
>   Science
> attempts to answer how; religion and philosophy attempt to answer why.
> They are not mutually exclusive notions.

Just one minor point of clarification:  Philosophy --in what I would
consider to be the proper sense-- can be considered a super-set of just
about every cognitive discipline.  It may be one of the world's biggest
umbrellas. After all, science was born out of philosophy.

That said, philosophy is not limited to what kinds of questions it can*
attempt to answer - e.g. not just 'why' but also 'what'.

Charles

*depending on the intent of the author