POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Guess the algorithm : Re: Guess the algorithm Server Time
11 Oct 2024 05:19:24 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Guess the algorithm
From: Alain
Date: 19 Nov 2007 12:00:23
Message: <4741c127$1@news.povray.org>
Orchid XP v7 nous apporta ses lumieres en ce 2007/11/18 14:14:
> Alain wrote:
>
>> It's looks like it's based on tubes. You travel a tube and it
>> encounters other tubes at various angles. Any triangle that is inside
>> any tube is removed. All edges are smoothed, a little like for a blob.
>
> Yeah, but it looks a little more complex than that. There are large
> chambers that don't appear to be "tube-like", and there are passages
> that aren't quite circular, and so on. (Maybe the tube diammeter varies
> or something?)
>
> Well anyway, it looks like it could be *awesom* with true
> light-sourcing, global illumination, and maybe some volumetric light
> scattering. ;-)
Most large chambers are the intersection of several conduits. When over 5
twisting tubes intersect, you loose the apearance of tubes. On ocasions, I saw
some bits of "floating" objects in those large chambers.
Some passages are actualy made of 2 or more almost parallel tubes, and some of
those may be flattened.

--
Alain
You know you've been raytracing too long when you've tried rendering hair with