POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Single Parse Stereoscopic? : Re: Single Parse Stereoscopic? Server Time
8 May 2024 19:49:30 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Single Parse Stereoscopic?
From: Alain
Date: 19 Nov 2007 11:22:53
Message: <4741b85d$1@news.povray.org>
Nekar Xenos nous apporta ses lumieres en ce 2007/11/19 03:36:
> Here's a different approach to stereoscopic imaging without having to parse
> twice or use the clock setting. I don't know enough about lenses but I think
> someone might be able to tweak this to work correctly. I used a repeated
> spherical camera normal to get 2 images.
>
> //----------------------------------------------------
>
> #include "colors.inc"
>
> global_settings {
>   assumed_gamma 1.0
>   max_trace_level 5
> }
>
> // ----------------------------------------
>

> camera {
>   right x*image_width/image_height
>   location  <0.0, 0.5, -4.0>
>   look_at   z
>
>           normal {spherical /*scale <10,10,01>*/ translate <.5,.5,-.5>  //
> pattern modifier
>           warp {
>                     repeat x           // repeat direction
>                 }
>                 translate -.5*y
>                 scale <.7,.7,10>
>                   //
>           }
>
> }
>

> sky_sphere {
>   pigment {
>     gradient y
>     color_map {
>       [0.0 rgb <0.6,0.7,1.0>]
>       [0.7 rgb <0.0,0.1,0.8>]
>     }
>   }
> }
>
> light_source {
>   <0, 0, 0>            // light's position (translated below)
>   color rgb <1, 1, 1>  // light's color
>   translate <-30, 30, -30>
> }
>
> // ----------------------------------------
>
> plane {               // checkered floor
>   y, -1
>   texture
>   {
>     pigment {
>       checker
>       color rgb 1
>       color blue 1
>       scale 0.5
>     }
>     finish{
>       diffuse 0.8
>       ambient 0.1
>     }
>   }
> }
>
> sphere {              // reflective sphere
>   0.0, 1
>   texture {
>     pigment {
>       color rgb <0.8,0.8,1.0>
>     }
>     finish{
>       diffuse 0.3
>       ambient 0.0
>       specular 0.6
>       reflection {
>         0.8
>         metallic
>       }
>       conserve_energy
>     }
>   }
> }

> [...]
Try with this camera:

camera {
   right x*image_width/image_height/3 //Otherwise, the sphere is
//stretched verticaly, a lot!
   location  <0.0, 0.5, -4.0>
   look_at   z

           normal {cylindrical 0.5/*scale <10,10,01>*/ translate <.5,.5,-.5>
//pattern modifier
           warp {
                     repeat x           // repeat direction
                 }
                 translate -.5*y
                 scale <.7,.7,10>
                   //
           }
   angle 60 // to keep the sphere images from drifting apart
}

This camera get rid of the spherical distortion.
Good for parallel vewing.

--
Alain
Grandchildren are God's reward for not killing your own.