POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : More poor planning : Re: More poor planning Server Time
11 Oct 2024 15:20:45 EDT (-0400)
  Re: More poor planning
From: Invisible
Date: 19 Nov 2007 10:26:47
Message: <4741ab37$1@news.povray.org>
Phil Cook wrote:
> And lo on Mon, 19 Nov 2007 14:59:55 -0000, Invisible <voi### [at] devnull> did
> spake, saying:
>
>> Why construct unsubstanciated rumour when we have verified truth to be
>> horrified at?
>>
>> The $1 million price tag includes something like 200 hours on-site
>> training from Micro$oft. As far as I know, we have never taken them up
>> on that...
>
> Well why don't you? Get the codes call up MS and say "About this
> training that's included with our purchase when can you come down?".
> What's HQ going to do bawl you out for NOT spending any money on
> training; heck if it's not invoiced will they ever know?

Heh. Well, if training is the issue, then I think the problem is really
that the guys with their fingers on the master controls don't really
know what they're doing. Our people over here really don't have access
to very much. It's more the people at HQ who seem to need educating on
how to work the software (not to mention how to do accounting...)

Apparently each year you have to get external auditors to come in and
check the books. Well one year, the people HQ hired eventually walked
out and refused to complete the audit because the books were too much of
a mess.

And these are the people saying my wages. Should I be concerned?

(Bennie seems to think that the wages they're paying me are a "ripoff"
anyway, and that I should leave before the company goes under. Hmm.)