POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Single Parse Stereoscopic? : Single Parse Stereoscopic? Server Time
8 May 2024 17:59:04 EDT (-0400)
  Single Parse Stereoscopic?
From: Nekar Xenos
Date: 19 Nov 2007 03:36:06
Message: <47414af6@news.povray.org>
Here's a different approach to stereoscopic imaging without having to parse
twice or use the clock setting. I don't know enough about lenses but I think
someone might be able to tweak this to work correctly. I used a repeated
spherical camera normal to get 2 images.

//----------------------------------------------------

#include "colors.inc"

global_settings {
  assumed_gamma 1.0
  max_trace_level 5
}

// ----------------------------------------

camera {
  right x*image_width/image_height
  location  <0.0, 0.5, -4.0>
  look_at   z

          normal {spherical /*scale <10,10,01>*/ translate <.5,.5,-.5>  //
pattern modifier
          warp {
                    repeat x           // repeat direction
                }
                translate -.5*y
                scale <.7,.7,10>
                  //
          }

}

sky_sphere {
  pigment {
    gradient y
    color_map {
      [0.0 rgb <0.6,0.7,1.0>]
      [0.7 rgb <0.0,0.1,0.8>]
    }
  }
}

light_source {
  <0, 0, 0>            // light's position (translated below)
  color rgb <1, 1, 1>  // light's color
  translate <-30, 30, -30>
}

// ----------------------------------------

plane {               // checkered floor
  y, -1
  texture
  {
    pigment {
      checker
      color rgb 1
      color blue 1
      scale 0.5
    }
    finish{
      diffuse 0.8
      ambient 0.1
    }
  }
}

sphere {              // reflective sphere
  0.0, 1
  texture {
    pigment {
      color rgb <0.8,0.8,1.0>