POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Guess the algorithm : Re: Guess the algorithm Server Time
11 Oct 2024 05:19:18 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Guess the algorithm
From: Alain
Date: 18 Nov 2007 12:22:25
Message: <474074d1$1@news.povray.org>
Orchid XP v7 nous apporta ses lumieres en ce 2007/11/18 10:37:
> Take a look at this:
>
> http://www.nullsoft.com/free/monkey/
>
> Anybody got any ideas what the cave-building algorithm is? (As in, I'd
> like to copy it...)
It's looks like it's based on tubes. You travel a tube and it encounters other
tubes at various angles. Any triangle that is inside any tube is removed. All
edges are smoothed, a little like for a blob.
You could use splines to place blob components, you then place the camera inside
the blob. Use a low strenght, or a large treshold value.

--
Alain
   If it weren't for pickpockets, I'd have no sex life at all.