POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Good widescreen LCD : Re: Good widescreen LCD Server Time
11 Oct 2024 11:10:35 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Good widescreen LCD
From: Alain
Date: 18 Nov 2007 11:50:06
Message: <47406d3e$1@news.povray.org>
Nicolas Alvarez nous apporta ses lumieres en ce 2007/11/17 19:12:
> Nicolas Alvarez escribió:
>> I just know that I can notice "color bands" on grayscale images, and
>> more bits per channel would avoid that.
>
> Oh, and I remember a suggestion of converting a 48-bit image to 24-bit
> using dithering. I wonder how good that would look...
It can look very good, if the resolution is fine enough. The best would be to
use something like "error diffusion" dithering. That's a random noise dithering
technique. That's the way I got the best printing for smooth shades.

--
Alain
One tequila, two tequila, three tequila, floor.