POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Using POV to render only : Re: Using POV to render only Server Time
31 Jul 2024 04:26:11 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Using POV to render only
From: Nicolas Alvarez
Date: 17 Nov 2007 17:01:41
Message: <473f64c5@news.povray.org>

> Isn't there a way to tell POV to render in the task tray? That would
> be acceptable.

There is, click the Tray button on the toolbar :) But if your app
restarts POV-Ray again for each render, the splash window can't be
avoided. If you want that, you need to write a GUI Extension (in C) that
controls a single instance of POV-Ray. You start POV-Ray once, minimize
it to tray, and let your app control it.

> Compiling my own POV-Ray... how hard is that?

I'll do it for you. I don't want to compile an unoptimized version! What
CPU do you have? Get CPU-Z or some similar tool to find out what
instruction sets your computer supports.