POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : The nebulous question of probability : Re: The nebulous question of probability Server Time
11 Oct 2024 11:13:11 EDT (-0400)
  Re: The nebulous question of probability
From: Orchid XP v7
Date: 17 Nov 2007 12:43:32
Message: <473f2844$1@news.povray.org>
Warp wrote:
>> Well, I now have the full algorithm working. :-P
>
>> Or at least, it seems to work for messages shorter than 52 bytes anyway.
>
>   Then it's not a full working algorithm, is it?-)

Ah-HAH! One more bug, annihilated. >:-)

In the midst of a complex padding algorithm, I forgot to add on the
running count of the number of bytes processed. The "size" figure
appended onto the end of the bitstream was always the size of the last
block, not the whole message. (IOW, message size mod 512.) Oops!

The program now appears to give correct results for every case I've
tried. (I.e., not very many. However, I threw a 2 MB file at it, and it
gave me the right answer. This indicates that it's not *completely*
broken...)

And yes, it's just a tad slower than C. ( = exaggeration.)