POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : The nebulous question of probability : Re: The nebulous question of probability Server Time
11 Oct 2024 11:10:43 EDT (-0400)
  Re: The nebulous question of probability
From: Orchid XP v7
Date: 17 Nov 2007 06:49:50
Message: <473ed55e$1@news.povray.org>
Warp wrote:
>> So yays! My program now correctly hashes the 0-byte string to yield an
>> MD5 hash of D41D8CD98F00B204E9800998ECF8427E.
>
>   I could do that much faster than you. Probably in something like
> 10 seconds. ;)

Well, I now have the full algorithm working. :-P

Or at least, it seems to work for messages shorter than 52 bytes anyway.
It seems there's still a glitch in the padding algorithm that makes it
go wrong for messages longer than 1 block...

I'm just amazed that I managed to implement an algorithm as complex and
fiddly as MD5 in only 2 days. Heh.