POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Does POV-Ray license prohibit the translation of its documents into other language? : Re: Does POV-Ray license prohibit the translation of its documentsintootherlanguage? Server Time
31 Jul 2024 10:21:38 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Does POV-Ray license prohibit the translation of its documentsintootherlanguage?
From: Alain
Date: 16 Nov 2007 18:50:20
Message: <473e2cbc$1@news.povray.org>
Zhenqing Li nous apporta ses lumieres en ce 2007/11/16 14:22:

> Darren New wrote:
>> Christian Froeschlin wrote:
>>> The hurdle is bigger, but can't be avoided completely. Localizing
>>> language keywords is not a good idea, and you wouldn't dream of
>>> doing it with languages like C or Java.
>> I have a Chinese version of the K&R C book. The keywords are english,
>> but all the variable names and such are chinese.
>>
>> Plus, from what I've seen, chinese computer keyboards tend to be latin
>> keyboards with software to translate phonetically, in essence. I imagine
>> there are some actual chinese keyboards out there, but I never saw one
>> when I was in china, and the chinese people I know who don't speak any
>> english use latin keyboards.
>>
> Hmmm... In my point of view, there is no Chinese keyboard in the world.
> Because Chinese contains 5,000 or even more characters, how can you make
> that keyboard... Maybe we need to build another keyboard Great Wall to
> do that~ :D
>

> - --
> Zhenqing LI
There are some. They mostly use various characters construction techniques. You
usualy start with a base character, then you add 0 to several sub-parts untill
you get the complete character.
Someone who know how to use one sort is usualy completely lost in frons of most
others, as the imput technique, as well as the layout, can change a lot. Also,
they don't all have the same number of keys.

--
Alain
If it wasn’t for the last minute, nothing would get done.