11 Oct 2024 19:15:33 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Getting Kenned Ham, without paying.
From: Tim Cook
Date: 16 Nov 2007 17:58:30
Message: <473e2096$1@news.povray.org>
nemesis wrote:
> The article is indeed all about mockery and too over-the-top itself.  But he
> does not take jabs at Christians, only at this whole Intelligent Design,
> Creationism propaganda trying to pass off as Science.  It's not Science because
> Science is (or should be) all about trying to break down old theories of how
> things work, while ID is all about reassuring the Word of God as written in the
> Bible.

Science isn't about either specifically breaking down or proving old
theories; it's about both, or neither, depending on the evidence.  If
evidence shows that an old theory is *mostly* correct, you don't
completely discard the old theory; you just modify it so it also
incorporates the new data.

Also: what are you supposed to call it if you believe something (we'll
call it "God") created everything and the rules by which everything
works, and at least has the capacity to directly interfere, whether or
not it does such, and things like evolution and physics are a result of
those rules?  Since "Intelligent Design" has been co-opted..

--
Tim Cook
http://home.bellsouth.net/p/PWP-empyrean