11 Oct 2024 19:17:01 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Getting Kenned Ham, without paying.
From: Tim Cook
Date: 16 Nov 2007 16:30:14
Message: <473e0be6$1@news.povray.org>
Warp wrote:
>   You can find the latter attitude in all kind of people, from complete
> laymen to amateur scientists to professional scientists. Sure, not *all*
> people are like that, but many are.

What you're saying is that the same 'blind belief' attitude is present
amongst all categories of people, regardless of whether what they
believe is religion or science.  From what I understand, the very point
of science is its mutability; when new, contradicting evidence is
discovered, old theories are modified or discarded.  And while some
people think that Science, like Religion, is set in stone and there
haven't been paradigm shifts since [insert famous name here, be it
Einstein, Hawking, Pasteur, Watson/Crick, Galileo, etc], each field is
constantly undergoing change based on new evidence; if you don't
actively follow that field, however, you're left thinking it static.

--
Tim Cook
http://home.bellsouth.net/p/PWP-empyrean