POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : More poor planning : Re: More poor planning Server Time
11 Oct 2024 05:18:41 EDT (-0400)
  Re: More poor planning
From: Invisible
Date: 16 Nov 2007 09:45:09
Message: <473dacf5$1@news.povray.org>
Phil Cook wrote:
> And lo on Fri, 16 Nov 2007 11:46:50 -0000, Invisible <voi### [at] devnull> did
> spake, saying:
>
>> Yeah... These guys don't seem to comprehend that the UK isn't the USA.
>> When we tell them things like this, they seem to think we're making a
>> fuss about nothing.
>
> Try http://thepiratebay.org/legal.php for more 'the US is the World' fun.

Wait... In Sweeden it's legal to copy protected works? ._.

>> Do you have a cite for that?
>

> which also refers to weight and is what the currency was originally
> based on...no :-) Oh and it should be lb for the plural like sheep, so
> they did get that wrong.

Ooo.. I didn't know that. (About lb being plural.) I'm pretty sure I've
seen it wrong in a number of places though...

>>>  And HQ have been told this?
>>
>> Endlessly. Our accountant spent *months* trying to get them to
>> reconfigure the software to allow her to do her job properly. They
>> variously didn't understand what she meant, or thought she was just
>> being awkward for the sake of causing trouble.
>
> Invite their accountant over to 'show' her how to do her job properly.

Heh. Well, the trouble is, the Big Boys want to control everything, but
don't want to do any actual *work* and certainly don't want to be held
*responsible* for anything. They want all the glory when it goes wrong,
they want to be the control freaks who get to boss everyone around, but
they're not interested in doing anything helpful...

>> Well, it's Cisco, so at least you can geniunely say it's the best
>> product on the market. (Unlike the Dell thing...) It's expensive, but
>> at least you can say you're getting build quality.
>
> It is kind of like buying gold-filigreed oars carved from the finest
> woods by master craftsman in order to paddle your hide coracle.

Indeed.

>> OTOH, our current switches have worked perfectly for over 10 years too...
>
> Ah due for failure then :-)

Doubt it. :-P

>> You just sumerised the whole CF, right there.
>
> It's a knack,now just COPY* and paste it into an email to HQ.
>
> *Just for you Warp.

Well, I don't know, I don't think even He is omnipresent... ;-)