POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Alcohol. : Re: Alcohol. Server Time
11 Oct 2024 17:47:55 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Alcohol.
From: Jim Charter
Date: 15 Nov 2007 12:35:50
Message: <473c8376@news.povray.org>
Bill Pragnell wrote:

> I particularly like the mid-colour British real ales (as distinguished
> from the somewhat ambiguous term 'bitter' by their method of delivery -
> the good ales are usually hand-pulled from non-pressurised casks),
> grades B-D on the scale A-E, A being lager-coloured and E being
> Guinness-coloured.
>
> I'm also rather fond of German and Belgian beers (especially the ones
> from those Trappist monasteries - consume with caution!), which for
> sheer variety of flavour and strength cannot be beaten anywhere in the
> world, although some New Zealand beers get quite close.

I drink 2-3 beers a week, corresponding to the 2-3 days I teach each
week. I find that after 7-8 hours on my feet in a classroom, that my
tired legs and complaining stomach just can't seem to make it past a
little establishment close to my apartment called 'Ryan's Pub.'  There
is always an available table, I am served a cheeseburger done exactly
how I like it, from a waiting staff of unflaggingly pretty and friendly
young females.  I tip them obscenely, they attend to me in kind. There
are a number of plasma screens with different sporting events, and it
seems an all-around happy way to relax and be fed.

I enjoy the beer as food, rather than inebriant.  But I am unable to
describe the type of beer I like reliably.  The descriptions of the
different brands on the menu have little association for me. I guess I
seek some sort of tradeoff between what I think of as a 'clean' taste,
and the amount of flavor. I want clean, not watery.  Also I like a
flavour a bit like roasted oats? Not sure what I mean by that myself.
Anyway my current favourites are Stella Artois and Sapporo.