POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Remixes : Re: Remixes Server Time
11 Oct 2024 11:10:30 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Remixes
From: Ross
Date: 15 Nov 2007 12:15:16
Message: <473c7ea4$1@news.povray.org>
news:473addd1$1@news.povray.org...
> In order to remix a track, you must (usually) possess the original
> unmixed elements. But how on earth do you get those? It would seem
> extremely difficult to obtain such material.
>
> Any yet, purchase any CD bearing the title "Ultimate Trance Experience
> 2007" or similar and roughly 80% of the tracks will be remixes of
> remixes of reworkings of remixes of older tracks. So clearly *somebody*
> knows how to get hold of this material...

Nine Inch Nails has started to give this stuff away.
http://yearzero.nin.com/ then go to the bottom of the page "Multitrack Audio
Files". I downloaded the files for "Me, I'm Not" and loaded it into Logic
for kicks. I haven't done anything with it yet though.

He also did it for some songs from a previous album, but I can't find them
at the moment.