POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Today's random thought : Re: Today's random thought Server Time
11 Oct 2024 13:16:59 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Today's random thought
From: Alain
Date: 13 Nov 2007 19:59:09
Message: <473a485d$1@news.povray.org>
Darren New nous apporta ses lumieres en ce 2007/11/12 23:52:
> Alain wrote:
>> The data will, of course, include the precise speed and direction of
>> every atoms, along with it's mass, magnetic momentum and spin, and how
>> it can interact with other atoms and any photons. With that
>> information, you can predict where it will be at any time of your
>> choosing within a Km radius.
>
> You're joking, right? :-)

Not at all! If you could realy have all of that information for every atoms in
the univers, you could conceivably be able to predict when a star will apears,
how long it will live, how it will finish, if it will have planets and how many,
the exact description of every single one, if it will host any life, and if
inteligent life will apears. All that for a future star for whitch most of it's
constituant matter is still contained in several other stars. Star that will
only start to form in a billion years.

The joke is that: You can't have all of that information, and even if you could
have it, there is no way that you could possibly process it.

--
Alain
'I had to hit him -- he was starting to make sense.'