POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Alcohol. : Re: Alcohol. Server Time
11 Oct 2024 13:16:17 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Alcohol.
From: Sabrina Kilian
Date: 13 Nov 2007 18:52:56
Message: <473a38d8$1@news.povray.org>
Invisible wrote:
> I asked several people what being drunk feels like. Without exception,
> they all replied with "er... I can't really remember". Sounds like a
> great way to expend vast sums of money to me! :-.

Where is the fun in not remembering? No fun stories to tell!

Though, I do admit to not remembering a hangover after one night of
heavy drinking. That might have more to do with falling asleep on a
friends futon and then having 1 or more of their cats falling asleep on
me. Being allergic to cats, all I remember is waking up and sneezing for
a few hours. How the fuzzy little beasts got the door open, we never did
figure out.

> I've never been drunk. I think. I don't know - I did once sit down and
> drink several glasses of Archers. Eventually I reached the point where
> it *felt* like I couldn't walk - although in fact I could, without much
> difficulty. For some reason, this was extremely humourus. I'm not sure why.
>
> When I reported this, somebody said to me "Invisi mate... Drinking is
> like sex. It's fun by yourself, but it's *so* much better with other
> people." He didn't specify how many "other people" he had in mind...

For me, alcohol removes the socially inept part of my brain that tends
to over think everything. I can sit around with strangers in public, and
no longer be worried that the people next to me are thinking I am
strange. They probably are, by that point, but it just no longer bothers
me. Physically, I get a nice warm feeling after a few drinks, and feel a
bit dizzy and slow after a few more.

As for drinking alone, the most I'll take is a spoon of rum in a cup of
tea, or just a spoon of whiskey, when I have a cold.