POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Alcohol. : Re: Alcohol. Server Time
11 Oct 2024 11:12:02 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Alcohol.
From: Kevin Wampler
Date: 13 Nov 2007 15:51:03
Message: <473a0e37$1@news.povray.org>
Invisible wrote:
> I asked several people what being drunk feels like. Without exception,
> they all replied with "er... I can't really remember". Sounds like a
> great way to expend vast sums of money to me! :-.

I've never had the experience of not remembering what I did while drunk,
and most people I know also seem to remember things pretty well.

> When I reported this, somebody said to me "Invisi mate... Drinking is
> like sex. It's fun by yourself, but it's *so* much better with other
> people." He didn't specify how many "other people" he had in mind...

I think that one of the reasons that drinking is particularly appealing
with other people is that it lowers social inhibitions.  This generally
makes everyone much more willing to strike up conversations and try to
have a good time without all the worries and formalities that generally
get in the way of that sort of thing.