POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : missing disk space on server, need help : Re: missing disk space on server, need help Server Time
11 Oct 2024 17:46:21 EDT (-0400)
  Re: missing disk space on server, need help
From: Darren New
Date: 13 Nov 2007 11:37:36
Message: <4739d2d0$1@news.povray.org>
Darren New wrote:
> I don't know. All I can say is that I've seen files with 2K length
> spread over half a dozen blocks as reported by defrag. :-)  I'm not sure
> what causes it.

I mean, 43 fragments for a 1K ntuser.dat?  15 fragments for a 1K
default.log? In a 4K cluster size?  Clearly, there has to be fragmented
files with not-fully-packed blocks, if defrag is to be believed.

Maybe that's the problem tho - the layout is right, the reporting is funky.

--
   Darren New / San Diego, CA, USA (PST)
     Remember the good old days, when we

Post a reply to this message