POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Alcohol. : Re: Alcohol. Server Time
11 Oct 2024 05:18:49 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Alcohol.
From: Invisible
Date: 13 Nov 2007 08:23:27
Message: <4739a54f$1@news.povray.org>
scott wrote:
>> I asked several people what being drunk feels like.
>> Eventually I reached the point where it *felt* like I couldn't walk -
>> although in fact I could, without much difficulty. For some reason,
>> this was extremely humourus.
>
> Hehe good explanation.  BTW, you *thought* you could walk ok without
> much difficultly, that doesn't mean you actually could :-)

No, I *felt* like I couldn't walk, so I got up and tried it, and managed
to walk around the house without any actual difficulty other than
feeling kinda weird. I didn't fall over or walk into anything, it just
felt like I was going to...

>> When I reported this, somebody said to me "Invisi mate... Drinking is
>> like sex. It's fun by yourself, but it's *so* much better with other
>> people." He didn't specify how many "other people" he had in mind...
>
> Yup, getting drunk by yourself is a bit pointless, the atmosphere and
> the company contributes just as much to you having fun as the alcohol
> actually does.

The way I see it, drinking is more of a spectator sport. It's fun to
watch everyone *else* get drunk while you stay sober. (It also gives you
opportunities for blackmail...)