POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Alcohol. : Alcohol. Server Time
11 Oct 2024 05:18:43 EDT (-0400)
  Alcohol.
From: Tim Cook
Date: 13 Nov 2007 01:38:06
Message: <4739464e$1@news.povray.org>
So I just got back from being taken to a bar by housemate.  My first
encounter with "drinking".  The initial drink was a shot of Jaeger, vile
licorice-plus-rubbing-alcohol tasting thing, which the bartender paid
for on the condition that I actually down the shot...followed up by
another half-dozen various mixed drinks concocted by a very attractive
gal (one of the drinks, with tequila, I couldn't even tolerate more than
a sip, to entice me she held the orange slice in her mouth, but even
then it wasn't sufficient to get me to do the whole thing).  Ended up
only being charged $7 and change; apparently she footed the bill for
most of it because it was my first time.

Personal reactions: the initial sensation when the alcohol first hit my
body, as it's rather...unique, then immediately thereafter when a sort
of warm shuddering hit my muscles, particularly arms, stomach and back,
then quite a bit later, which is where I stopped drinking, when I
started feeling a kind of dull lethargy that was my body beginning to
process the stuff.  So as far as I can tell, I left the bar sober.
Housemate was complaining that I'm too uptight, that I'm thinking about
it too much and killing the buzz, that I need to relax...

Meh.

--
Tim Cook
http://home.bellsouth.net/p/PWP-empyrean