POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : How to make a laser (not necessarily realistic) : How to make a laser (not necessarily realistic) Server Time
31 Jul 2024 04:26:22 EDT (-0400)
  How to make a laser (not necessarily realistic)
From: Nicolas Alvarez
Date: 12 Nov 2007 23:51:44
Message: <47392d60@news.povray.org>
OK, to put it in few words. I need to simulate a laser. An object with
high ambient and radiosity looks like a good solution, but I *really*
want to avoid radiosity (hard to keep good quality on an animation,
issues with tiled rendering, etc). I guess it should be possible with
media; but note I'm a noob with media, so please explain slowly. The
laser doesn't have to be realistic at all. It's game graphics;
highly-exaggerated will do.

Something like...

http://img225.imageshack.us/img225/9459/laser1lf4.png
http://img129.imageshack.us/img129/8214/laser2qu2.png