POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Today's random thought : Re: Today's random thought Server Time
11 Oct 2024 15:21:06 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Today's random thought
From: Mueen Nawaz
Date: 12 Nov 2007 22:45:53
Message: <47391df1$1@news.povray.org>
Darren New wrote:
> You say this, but it's not actually true.  You cannot distinguish two
> hydrogen atoms as long as you ignore the stuff that lets you distinguish
> them.  Like, say, their positions.

	Have to agree with andrel here.

> Certainly the hydrogen atoms in my coffee are distinguishable from the
> hydrogen atoms emitting light eight minutes ago in the sun.

	Nope. Just that the wavefunction will be such that most likely that if
we ignore that there is another H atom near the sun, the physics near
your coffee will barely change.

--
Give a man a fish and you feed him for one day. Teach him to use the Net
and he won't bother you for weeks.

                    /  \/  \ u e e n     /  \/  a w a z
                                    anl