POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : radiosity vs. double_illuminate : Re: radiosity vs. double_illuminate Server Time
31 Jul 2024 12:13:20 EDT (-0400)
  Re: radiosity vs. double_illuminate
From: Alain
Date: 12 Nov 2007 17:43:26
Message: <4738d70e$1@news.povray.org>
Jan Dvorak nous apporta ses lumieres en ce 2007/11/11 05:48:
> Hello,
>  When I use double_illuminate in a radiosity scene it does nothing (it
> does get double_illuminated by light_sources).
> Here's a scene to illustrate:
>
> default{finish{ambient 0}}
> camera{location <3,4,5> look_at 0}
> polygon{5,x,y,-x,-y,x pigment{rgb 1}double_illuminate translate  z}
> polygon{5,x,y,-x,-y,x pigment{rgb 1}double_illuminate translate -z}
> background{rgb z}
> global_settings{radiosity{}}
> sphere{-y/2,0.5 texture{pigment{rgb y}finish{ambient 10 diffuse 0}}}
> light_source{y/2,rgb x}
>
> Is it a bug or it is intentional?
Working as expected.
The polygons are double_illuminate be the light_source (red), whitch contribute
on both faces.
They are lighted in blue from the background, giving that magenta tint.
The faces near the high ambient grees sphere are illuminated in green. They are
also affected by the other polygon, lighted in red, and, weekly, the blue
background.

--
Alain
You know you've been raytracing too long when you have ever brought your