POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Does POV-Ray license prohibit the translation of its documents into other language? : Re: Does POV-Ray license prohibit the translation of its documentsintootherlanguage? Server Time
31 Jul 2024 10:24:31 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Does POV-Ray license prohibit the translation of its documentsintootherlanguage?
From: Darren New
Date: 11 Nov 2007 17:29:43
Message: <47378257$1@news.povray.org>
Christian Froeschlin wrote:
> The hurdle is bigger, but can't be avoided completely. Localizing
> language keywords is not a good idea, and you wouldn't dream of
> doing it with languages like C or Java.

I have a Chinese version of the K&R C book. The keywords are english,
but all the variable names and such are chinese.

Plus, from what I've seen, chinese computer keyboards tend to be latin
keyboards with software to translate phonetically, in essence. I imagine
there are some actual chinese keyboards out there, but I never saw one
when I was in china, and the chinese people I know who don't speak any
english use latin keyboards.

--
   Darren New / San Diego, CA, USA (PST)
     Remember the good old days, when we