POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Sphere with longitudes and latitudes? : Sphere with longitudes and latitudes? Server Time
31 Jul 2024 04:15:38 EDT (-0400)
  Sphere with longitudes and latitudes?
From: Hadmut Danisch
Date: 11 Nov 2007 13:37:31
Message: <47374beb$1@news.povray.org>
Hi,

I'd like to create a sphere with lines for longitudes and latitudes,
which basically is just a white sphere with thin black lines on horizon
and parallel to the horizon, and lines from north to south.

How would I do this?

I tried to apply a texture with a color map onto the surface of the
sphere, but the gradient is just a linear vector of x,y,z and not
a term (e.g. the angle phi cannot be used).

Another approach would be to mix the sphere with very flat and black
cylinders which are just a little big bigger than the sphere, but then
the sphere is not perfect anymore.

How could I get a sphere with those lines?

regards
Hadmut