POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Surprise! : Re: Surprise! Server Time
11 Oct 2024 19:16:35 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Surprise!
From: Alain
Date: 10 Nov 2007 16:37:16
Message: <4736248c$1@news.povray.org>
Nicolas Alvarez nous apporta ses lumieres en ce 2007/11/09 21:28:
> Alain escribió:
>>> * Impure water is an excellent conductor, while pure water is a very
>>> good insulator. Yet both substances have almost identical optical
>>> properties.
>> ABSOLUTELY pure water is a prety good insulator, but just the tyniest
>> impurety will change it into a conductor.
>>

> I read on a website about an interesting CPU watercooling technique:
> submerging the motherboard. They still had trouble because of ions on
> the water. It's hard to get *totally* pure water...
Even if you have totally pure, desionised, degazed water, it will never stay
that way. When you submerge your components, the water comes in contact with
bare metal parts. Not all of those parts are of the same metal. Some of that
metal will dissolve in the water, and, while doing so, will produce some
current, whitch in turn will accelerate the process. Turn the power on and this
will accelerate 100 folds.
In a few minutes, your inert water will become to conductive.

You need a non-ionic fluid like oils or other organic, non-aquous, fluid.

Alchool could be used, as well as glycerin.

--
Alain
You know you've been raytracing too long when you call in sick in order to render.