POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Surprise! : Re: Surprise! Server Time
11 Oct 2024 21:20:59 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Surprise!
From: Alain
Date: 9 Nov 2007 20:52:27
Message: <47350edb$1@news.povray.org>
Invisible nous apporta ses lumieres en ce 2007/11/09 04:49:
> Darren New wrote:
>> Invisible wrote:
>>> bizare that electronic properties should actually affect optical
>>> ones, but there we are.)
>>
>> Actually, the only interactions that take place outside the nucleus
>> are between electrons (and antielectrons, I guess) and photons, so it
>> seems pretty *necessary* more than *bizarre*. :-)
>
> Well, sure, at quantum scales perhaps. At macroscopic scales? Well,
> let's put it this way: there's no simple, easily observable correlation
> between these variables in everyday life. I'm not denying that whoever
> wrote this thing knew what they were talking about...
There are real substances that become transparent or opaque or reflective when
exposed to some electrical field, and some that do the same if a beam of light
hit them in a sertain way. The later are colour specific: a white beam pass
trough, a red control beam will cause it to reflect red of the exact same wave
length as that of the control beam. There are ongoing researches done to create
a working computer from those. They do have some working prototypes that have 4
states "bits" for 30 or so independent colours...

--
Alain
   It's tough to stay married. My wife kisses the dog on the lips, Yet she won't