POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Surprise! : Re: Surprise! Server Time
11 Oct 2024 21:17:39 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Surprise!
From: Alain
Date: 9 Nov 2007 19:47:19
Message: <4734ff97$1@news.povray.org>
Orchid XP v7 nous apporta ses lumieres en ce 2007/11/07 16:50:
> Warp wrote:
>> Invisible <voi### [at] devnull> wrote:
>>> Mmm, I wonder if POV-Ray can do this?
>>
>>   Probably not. AFAIK povray has a very specific refraction formula,
>> which
>> it converts to total internal reflection when needed. I'm all but certain
>> that this formula does not support the concept of negative IOR.
>
> That was more or less my diagnosis, yes. ;-)
>
> It's not something any typical implementation would support unless the
> designer purposely had this in mind, I would think.
>
> Now negative light sources........ ;-)
And negative colours, and negative diffuse, ambient, filter,  transmit, specular
and phong.
Why not! Perfectly possible, try it!
Negative light on a negative pigment returns a positive colour.

--
Alain
You know you've been raytracing too long when you think 80s movies have the