POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Wahahahaha! : Re: Wahahahaha! Server Time
11 Oct 2024 19:17:24 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Wahahahaha!
From: Alain
Date: 9 Nov 2007 18:36:59
Message: <4734ef1b@news.povray.org>
Stephen nous apporta ses lumieres en ce 2007/11/08 03:31:
> Alain <ele### [at] netscapenet> wrote:
>> Stephen nous apporta ses lumieres en ce 2007/11/07 03:00:
>
>>> You always could recharge non-rechargeable batteries. The manufacturers do
>>> notlike it though.
>>>
>>> Stephen
>>>

>> You can, but they don't keep the charge very well. The ones I did recharge
>> lasted less than half as long as rechargeable ones. They also got warmer during
>> the recharge.
>>

> They do get warm but I think that it depends on the charger and the current it
> uses for charging. Don’t say it! That was a stupid thing to say. Of course it
> depends on the current. I built mine myself and charged them at about 20 ma and
> IIRC discharge was between 7.5 and 10 ma.
> If your batteries are not holding their charge then the discharge cycle is
> probably too low.
> And that came from another life, one before Pov :)
> Also if you were old enough to wire up a mains plug you were old enough to die.
> Dear oh dear the things that didn’t kill us. :) I wouldn’t like to put in
> writing some of the things that I did.
>

> Stephen

Not a main plug. The whire of a lamp had to be replaced. My father kept the plug
and the intact part of the whire, about 1'. I found it. I hooked the speaker to
it, and wrapt with masking tape. Used that to plug the speaker in the wall. 120
volts for a speaker made for a small radio that used a 9V batery...

--
Alain
You know you've been raytracing too long when you look at waterfalls, dust,