POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Bigger plans! : Re: Bigger plans! Server Time
11 Oct 2024 07:12:21 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Bigger plans!
From: Invisible
Date: 9 Nov 2007 08:58:22
Message: <4734677e$1@news.povray.org>
Tom Austin wrote:
> Invisible wrote:
>> Apparently the planners have access to an A0 printer. I don't even
>> want to imagine what that must cost... ;-)
>

> They are not too bad - at least the cheaper ones.  We have a 'plotter'
> that prints 2'x3' pretty easily.  The paper is on a roll that is 3' wide
> and like 50' long.

I used to own an old HP line plotter. (Do they still make those?) It
seems amazingly fast - until you actually try to plot anything of any
real complexity, and then suddenly it seems absurdly slow...

> If you need to get it printed look at local copy centers - they might be
> able to help.  Some engineering shops (that sell stuff) might be able to
> help you out as well.

Nah. If I was that bothered, I'm sure the planners themselves can supply
a printout. (Indeed, it seems to be easy to get prints, and
near-impossible to get electronic copies...)