POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : missing disk space on server, need help : missing disk space on server, need help Server Time
11 Oct 2024 07:13:22 EDT (-0400)
  missing disk space on server, need help
From: Fa3ien
Date: 9 Nov 2007 08:34:02
Message: <473461ca$1@news.povray.org>
Our server got a 120 Gb disk.

Data files are stored on a 100 Gb partition of it.
That partition is NTFS, cluster size 4 Kb.

The files in that partition sums up to 40 Gb (which,
not surprisingly, is also the size of the nightly
backup)

Today, someone had a problem to save a file, and I've
been horrified to see that Windows Server 2003 tells
me there's only 2 Mb left on the partition !

I've run a defrag, which freed 250 Mb.

WHERE IS THE REST ? (there should be 60 Gb free !)

What could it be ? I don't know what to do...

Fabien.