POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Surprise! : Re: Surprise! Server Time
11 Oct 2024 17:45:54 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Surprise!
From: St
Date: 8 Nov 2007 15:00:18
Message: <47336ad2$1@news.povray.org>
"Stephen" <mcavoys_AT_aolDOT.com> wrote in message
> Invisible <voi### [at] devnull> wrote:
>

>> * Electricity does not, under any remotely "normal" conditions, produce
>> light or affect it in any way. (E.g., you can't bend light using
>> electricity.) The same goes for magnetism.
>>
> I thought lightning was normal at least in a storm.
>
>> (I still can't figure out why you can use an oscilator to make radio
>> waves, but not light rays...)
>
> If you oscillate something fast enough it will heat up and emit light.

     Oh wow! When I was about 20('83), I remember borrowing a friends
German-made echo box for my (then horrible) lecky guitar, (it was a
*fantastic* echo box, but I can't remember what it was called), and it had
two lime green flourescent 'beams' that met in the middle when you hit the
sweet notes. Is that what you mean?

    (Anyway, I'm looking for loops for my old Copycat now... That's damn
good too...)   ;)

      Sorry, just reminiscing...    ;)

         ~Steve~