POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Wahahahaha! : Re: Wahahahaha! Server Time
12 Oct 2024 03:18:50 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Wahahahaha!
From: Nicolas Alvarez
Date: 8 Nov 2007 10:04:34
Message: <47332582@news.povray.org>
Brian Elliott escribió:
> I did the same to one of those tiny 3-volt DC motors, like the cog-ended
> ones that are in battery-powered toys.  A friend bragged at school he'd
> plugged one into the mains, and it went really incredibly fast and was
> really hot afterwards.
>
> So I did it, and it went instant POF, flash of light, small cloud of
> smoke, smell of ozone and the armature flew out of the casing onto the
> floor.  It was too hot to pick up.  No spin.  The brushes were all
> twisted and blackened and the commutator was scorched.
>
> And in that instant, I knew my friend had lied.  At the time, I was
> about 10 or 11.

I was once playing around with the flash of an old instant camera. I
kept saying it was safe because it used two AA batteries. My dad kept
saying it had some kind of transformer to do the flash, so there was
higher voltage inside.

When I walked away shaking after being surprised by the big flash (that
didn't exactly come out of the lamp, but from the circuits I was
touching with the screwdriver), my dad asked me what I had shorted... I
guess I was 10 or 11 too. Seems like a common age to screw up with
electricity?