POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Word processors : Re: Word processors Server Time
11 Oct 2024 15:20:13 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Word processors
From: Gilles Tran
Date: 7 Nov 2007 16:32:07
Message: <47322ed7$1@news.povray.org>

4731f6e1$1@news.povray.org...
> Word can only import from the previous 2, maybe 3, versions. If you have
> upgraded through more than that many versions, you can import from older
> versions, dating back about 2 versions before the first version that you
> actualy installed. The problem is that you loose that capacity if you get
> a new computer and forget to transfert all your old convertion filters.
> Whenever you need to access any old document that have not been accessed
> for more than 3 or 4 years, you run the risk of not been able do to it, as
> you may no longer have the appropriate filters.

Uh? For the fun of it, I just tested if I could open some Word files I wrote
in 1988 and apart warning me about the potential security issues with MS-DOS
Word 3/5 files, it opened them just fine and even recognised the style
sheets. I don't think that maintaining 20-year old conversion filters is
such a big hassle for Microsoft.

G.