POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Word processors : Re: Word processors Server Time
11 Oct 2024 15:21:15 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Word processors
From: scott
Date: 7 Nov 2007 14:32:17
Message: <473212c1$1@news.povray.org>
> Word can only import from the previous 2, maybe 3, versions. If you have
> upgraded through more than that many versions, you can import from older
> versions, dating back about 2 versions before the first version that you
> actualy installed. The problem is that you loose that capacity if you get
> a new computer and forget to transfert all your old convertion filters.
>
> Whenever you need to access any old document that have not been accessed
> for more than 3 or 4 years, you run the risk of not been able do to it, as
> you may no longer have the appropriate filters.

Hmm, my Word 2003 looks like it will open Word 6 files (1995?), which is 8
years.

So you're saying that if your company was based on Word 5, and then upgraded
to Word 2003, you would get stuck?  Well yeh, you probably would, but I'm
pretty sure there would be a cheap solution to converting, even if it meant
buying an intermediate copy of Word to help with the conversions.