POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Motherboard question : Motherboard question Server Time
11 Oct 2024 07:14:55 EDT (-0400)
  Motherboard question
From: Rune
Date: 7 Nov 2007 08:35:43
Message: <4731bf2f@news.povray.org>
My motherboard was sent to a repair four weeks ago and it's still at the
fabricant. I called the shop where I bought it, and they offered me a
replacement (because it has taken so long by now) - however, this
motherboard can no longer be bought, so I need to get a different model
instead, which he said I should find.

My question is - how big is the impact of inserting a new motherboard in an
existing computer? Will the computer start up like nothing has changed or is
a re-install of Windows necessary? I'm very reluctant to the latter, so I
might wait a bit longer if that is the case.

The other question - how do I find a motherboard compatible with all my
other hardware? I guess processor and graphics card is the only real issue?
The motherboard in question is a Asus A8N-SLI SE / nForce4 SLI / Sata 300.
So which newer model supports all the same things that this one does?

It really annoys me having to deal with all this when I just want my
computer to work again. :(

Rune