POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Word processors : Re: Word processors Server Time
11 Oct 2024 15:19:06 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Word processors
From: somebody
Date: 7 Nov 2007 07:21:29
Message: <4731adc9$1@news.povray.org>
"Orchid XP v7" <voi### [at] devnull> wrote

> how to use styles in that either. (At least, not very reliably.) I
> wanted to be able to say "haha, Word sucks, OOW is better", but I can't
> because it's not true. Is that bais?

No, but it's bias. All software has bugs, is suboptimal, often bloated...
etc. I have yet to find a perfect software. Word processing is a very broad
task, it's guaranteed than some of the users will be unhappy. That neither
OO, TeX or anybody else got it "right" should tell you that it's not just
MS's fault. To top it off, often, there's a big major dilemma between
maintaining backwards compatibility and doing it right.