POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Word processors : Re: Word processors Server Time
11 Oct 2024 17:46:09 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Word processors
From: Darren New
Date: 6 Nov 2007 22:18:49
Message: <47312e99$1@news.povray.org>
Warp wrote:
>> Do you have a cite for this?
>
>   Google?

Googling on the obvious "hotmail freebsd" pair brings up articles from
2001 saying MS still uses FreeBSD, and articles from 2000 where MS
outlines how they will upgrade it. Considering they never took the
system down during the upgrade, it was all C++, and they had limited
staff *and* the stuff that was hard to scale out (naming services,
database) was already running on NT, taking 4 years to move entirely
from FreeBSD to Win2K doesn't seem that odd to me.

I was wondering if you had any information about the 2001 upgrade that
was more recent than, say, 2001?  Since it *is* six years later, it's
kind of silly to continue to say "Hotmail still runs BSD" without any
additional information?

--
   Darren New / San Diego, CA, USA (PST)
     Remember the good old days, when we