POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Word processors : Re: Word processors Server Time
11 Oct 2024 19:14:24 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Word processors
From: Jim Henderson
Date: 6 Nov 2007 14:37:14
Message: <4730c26a$1@news.povray.org>
On Tue, 06 Nov 2007 13:21:12 -0500, Warp wrote:

>> A long-since abandoned product.  Frame is at version 7 now.
>
>   And framework 5 cannot be used? Was it horrible?

It is incompatible with our templates and with the other systems that use
versions of Frame that are later than 5.  We've got entire processes that
were built to translate the output to various formats (HTML, online
documentation, Folio, etc, etc).  They're all tied to version 7 (recently
updated from 6 IIRC).

And I don't believe you can purchase it from Adobe any more, which moots
it rather significantly.

If only the Windows version worked under WINE or Crossover Office.
Sadly, it doesn't (or didn't the last time anyone here tried it).

Jim