POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Where to find a comparison of modern ray-tracers (speed > POVray) : Re: Where to find a comparison of modern ray-tracers (speed > POVray) Server Time
31 Jul 2024 10:20:46 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Where to find a comparison of modern ray-tracers (speed > POVray)
From: Alain
Date: 6 Nov 2007 14:09:39
Message: <4730bbf3@news.povray.org>
Vincent Le Chevalier nous apporta ses lumieres en ce 2007/11/06 04:46:
> Alain a écrit :
>> The main problemwith that comparison is that every samples where done
>> on different machines with wildly varying specifications: pentium III
>> and IV, athlon, single, dual processors, maount of RAM, CPU speed,...
>>

> I think the purpose of the comparison was more to see the differences
> between the images produced, in this case. The render time gives an
> order of magnitude of the speed...

I totaly agree with you. The comparison of the output is the thing this site is
good for, along with a list of renderers that one can eveluate.
Some of the renders look extremely exagerated regarding radiosity colour bleeding.

--
Alain
Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those