POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Word processors : Re: Word processors Server Time
11 Oct 2024 19:15:17 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Word processors
From: Jim Henderson
Date: 6 Nov 2007 12:26:44
Message: <4730a3d4@news.povray.org>
On Mon, 05 Nov 2007 21:24:33 -0800, Darren New wrote:

> Jim Henderson wrote:
>> Sounds like you'd benefit from having a look at structured Framemaker,
>> then.
>
> I miss FrameMaker. The only word processor that actually made sense and
> was controllable.

I use it on occasion - just finished a program guide using our official
templates.  The thing that's odd is that as a Linux company, there isn't
a Linux version (the use of Frame predates our acquisition of SUSE,
though) and because we're so heavily invested in customizations made in
structured frame, we're not likely to change anytime soon.

It takes a little getting used to, but once you know how to use it, it's
a breeze.  Just a fairly steep learning curve when you're starting out.

Jim