POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Plans : Re: Plans Server Time
11 Oct 2024 07:14:45 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Plans
From: Tom Austin
Date: 6 Nov 2007 08:34:19
Message: <47306d5b$1@news.povray.org>
Fa3ien wrote:

>> I just love the way they quote the size of a flight of stairs in
>> millimeters! I mean, it rises 12 feet up, and we care about 25mm?
>
> That's because people who build the stairs works with that order
> of tolerance (mm).

In my house I built my own set of stairs - you care about every mm (or
inch) because you have to divide it very accurately to get the right
step height that makes everything even - especially if you have an
inspector reviewing it.

If you have never built stairs, it is not as easy as one would think....
  but then after building a set, it is.  Kinda like computers ;-)

Tom