POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Plans : Re: Plans Server Time
11 Oct 2024 07:12:55 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Plans
From: Fa3ien
Date: 6 Nov 2007 08:10:45
Message: <473067d5$1@news.povray.org>

> I just love the way they quote the size of a flight of stairs in
> millimeters! I mean, it rises 12 feet up, and we care about 25mm?

That's because people who build the stairs works with that order
of tolerance (mm).

> But most of all, it's just numbers. *Millions* of numbers. Almost every
> line has a second line next to it with some numbers.

Yep. That's easier to build something :-)
Maybe you should ask for simplified plans with only big dimension lines
(just L and W of each room). We often provide that kind of stuff.

> (I just reliased... Every single doorway in the place has a unique ID
> written on it. Wow.)

That's pretty normal. The drawing is probably linked to some spreadsheet
saying how much doors of what type are needed.

> There are also all sorts of symbols that look like they probably mean
> something to a building engineer. Means nothing to me though! Heh.

Apart from broad room dimensions, ceiling heights and under-slab heights,
you probably shouldn't care for anything else.

Fabien (architect).