POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Word processors : Re: Word processors Server Time
11 Oct 2024 19:14:31 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Word processors
From: Le Forgeron
Date: 5 Nov 2007 16:27:32
Message: <472f8ac4$1@news.povray.org>
Le 05.11.2007 19:33, Orchid XP v7 nous fit lire :
> Le Forgeron wrote:
>
>> Then your way is Lyx!
>> Latex front-end (hiding all the latex from innocent users). Ready to
>> write the model...
>
> Ever tried using it?

Yes, with figures & tables too. For short document as well as big one.
Only trouble is I cannot easily resize a table: still have to create
it right the first time or copy-paste into the right one afterhand.

> Unfortunately, certain things that are trivial in LaTeX become
> irritatingly difficult with LyX. But yes, if the particular document you
> want to write won't use too many of all those things, it represents
> about the best you're going to get. ;-)

I focus on content, and leave latex&lyx do the formatting. Then I
check it and take care of the wrong looking things (like table far
too long for the page...)

--
The superior man understands what is right;
the inferior man understands what will sell.