POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Word processors : Re: Word processors Server Time
11 Oct 2024 15:20:45 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Word processors
From: Brian Elliott
Date: 5 Nov 2007 12:24:45
Message: <472f51dd$1@news.povray.org>
"Alain" <ele### [at] netscapenet> wrote in message
> Invisible nous apporta ses lumieres en ce 2007/11/05 08:34:
>
>> Ah-hah. So there *is* a secret hidden tool for altering them! (At least,
>> there is in Word 2003.)
>>
>> Still puzzled as to why you have to open up a special window to do this.
>> (I.e., why you can't just click on the style you want to change.) But
>> then, this is from the program where you can't change any program
>> settings unless you have a document open. (WTF?)
> Still wondering about those same things...
>>
>> (Ooo, that's nice... If I change a style to match an existing one, the
>> existing one gets deleted. And if I change the justification for the
>> Normal style, the other styles update. Pitty you can't explicitly say
>> which settings are applied in THIS style and which ones should just be
>> inherited...)
> I know, inheritance can be a pain. As every styles ARE defined from the
> "normal" style, they ALL inherit any change you make to it. You should be
> able to set what characteristics of a style are inheritable.
> Solution: Create your own style, say "MyNormal". Then, if you want, derive
> some other styles from it.
>>

>> Well, you just described the steps to do the *opposite* of what I want to
>> do (i.e., I want to change *from* Arial, not *to* it), but OK. Let's see
>> now...
>>
>> OK, no go. Word *refuses* to overwrite NORMAL.DOT because it's already
>> open. (Duh!) God I hate Word! >_<
> File|Open... select "normal.dot", edit it, hit CTRL+S, done. Simple.

Andrew, THINK instead of reacting and publickly flying to bits at every
puzzle you can't open in ten seconds flat.  Your biggest fallacy is assuming
that because you haven't personally got it ***YET***, then it's proven FACT
that NO answer exists.  Instead of taking research to the next level, you
shut the book and blame the fuck out of the software for being criminally
stupid or whatever thing it is that has your pique at the moment.

Seeking help and answers is OK.  Having tantrums is the realm of children
and is not becoming in people beyond 11 years old.

You must be totally emotionally exhausted at the end of every day if they
are all like this...