POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Word processors : Re: Word processors Server Time
11 Oct 2024 15:18:08 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Word processors
From: Alain
Date: 5 Nov 2007 11:56:28
Message: <472f4b3c$1@news.povray.org>
Invisible nous apporta ses lumieres en ce 2007/11/05 10:11:
> Brian Elliott wrote:
>
>> Whinge, whinge, whinge.  :-P  :-)
>> They do do it.  You just haven't figured it out.
>
> So, I figured out LaTeX and HTML (not to mention POV-Ray, the Lambda
> calculus, cryptography, inorganic chemistry, and much else besides) yet
> I couldn't figure out M$ Word?
>
> What does this say about M$ Word? ;-)
>
> (Come to think about it, one critical difference between Word and those
> other things is the lack of a *manual*. POV-Ray comes with an excellent
> manual, but Word only offers context help. Not very useful if you have
> no idea how a broad feature is supposed to work!)

There ARE manuals, many of them in fact. It's just that they are NOT included
with the product, some are very simples (Word for Dummy), and some even come
with a teacher ;)

--
Alain
A modest man is usually admired; if people ever hear of him.