POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Mac Plus vs AMD Dual Core : Re: Mac Plus vs AMD Dual Core Server Time
11 Oct 2024 15:21:44 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Mac Plus vs AMD Dual Core
From: Alain
Date: 5 Nov 2007 11:10:05
Message: <472f405d@news.povray.org>
scott nous apporta ses lumieres en ce 2007/11/05 07:49:
>> And I think the problem here is that software writers *expect* to just
>> be able to waste RAM whenever they feel like it because, after all,
>> "everybody has lots of RAM now, don't they?"
>
> Yup, and in the same way that game writers make 3D models with 200k
> faces instead of 200 faces, just because everyone has a decent 3D card
> nowadays.

Most gamers DO have more than decent 3D cards. The rest have decent cards ;)
They also have more than enough RAM available.

--
Alain
Caught Asleep At Your Work Desk

Just in case your boss catches you asleep at your desk, be ready to blurt out
this excuse #1:  I was working smarter - not harder.